This is a python project that brings the word game Hangman to the terminal.
Rules to play the game
If you have not played the game before, here are the rules:
- Play individually or in groups.
- You will be provided with an unknown word, which has to be guessed. You will be provided with a hint for the word and also the number of letters in it.
- Select a letter of the alphabet, which you think might be present in the word.
- If the letter is present in the word, continue to guess the rest of the letters.
- If the letter isn’t present in the word, you will get a penalty, which results in striking off one letter of the word HANGMAN.
- After 7 wrong guesses, no letters remain in the word HANGMAN to be striked off. If you haven’t guessed the given word correctly before reaching this stage, you LOSE.
- You can also get to guess the whole word, if you have an idea. If you guess it correctly, you WIN, else another penalty, i.e., strike off a letter from the word HANGMAN.
The program uses Python 3.6. Download it from here.